Friday, July 30, 2010

What has been happening....

Well a lot has been going on over the last few weeks:

First off I finished up 2 days of outpatient testing at The James at The Ohio State University in preparation for harvesting my stem cells. I had to go through a battery of test before I would be okayed to go through the process of donating the cells to myself.

Testing included: Lots of Blood work, a MUGA scan, A full body scan or Myeloma Survey (full body xray), pulminary testing with arterial blood draws, chest xray, testing of veins for harvesting and another bone marrow biopsy.

Just now feeling like I have gained my strength back!

I received the letter in the mail yesterday that I am all approved and set up for the harvesting in August.

This Saturday begins our no contact period for coaching our high school basketball team. We are not allowed any coaching contact until after labor day. We used our last official day of coaching for the summer last Monday. I really think your will see a huge improvement in our program this year, huge I think, we may make some noise this year....

The family and I are going to take a few days off for R & R and head to New York and the Island soon. I will try and update from there when possible.

Clear eyes, Pure heart, can't loose....

No comments: