Tuesday, September 21, 2004

I called Karl Rove Today

I could not believe the lame excuse that Joe Lockhart gave this morning on CNN when confronted with the question about his contact with Bill Burkett, the man who supplied CBS with the fake National Guard Documents.

But Lockhart said there was no coordination. He said he talked to Burkett after getting a call from a Mapes, who said Burkett had been a help on a National Guard story she was working on and wanted to speak to someone in the Kerry campaign.

"I didn't know who the guy was. I talked to him on the phone for three or four minutes," Lockhart said. "That's the beginning and the end of the story."

Lockhart, former press secretary for President Clinton, said Burkett had "some strong feelings" that the Kerry campaign had not responded forcefully enough to the attacks by the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth group.

Lockhart said he discussed neither the National Guard nor the documents with Burkett.

- Kerry campaign adviser Joe Lockhart On CNN's "American Morning" today 9/21/2004


They talked on the phone. So I decided to take him up on his fine bit of information and I called Karl Rove today and we had a wonderful conversation about some of my concerns with how he is running the re-elect campaign.

See an average Joe can just reach out touch someone......

No comments: